The American Scandinavian Association (ASA) of the National Capital Area is a local non-profit cultural organization based in Washington, DC. The goals of ASA are to:
- promote cultural exchange between the United States and the Nordic Countries of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden;
- increase understanding of the Nordic peoples and societies among Americans;
- provide a forum where people interested in Scandinavia can meet and enjoy Nordic culture and activities.
Founded in 1983, ASA is successor to the Washington, D.C. Chapter of the American Scandinavian Foundation.
>> Learn more about the history of ASA.
2019-2020 Board of Directors
- PRESIDENT: Anne Marie Hvid, 571-245-1216
- FIRST VICE PRESIDENT: Christina Lazdins, 667-786-2328
- SECOND VICE PRESIDENT: Pat Ikonen, 202-686-4234
- SECRETARY: Christina Keune, 703-536-6726
- TREASURER: Anne Eason, 301-365-1979
- MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY: vacant
- MEMBERS AT LARGE:
- Marianne Gustafson, 202-338-2709
- Dorte Kampmann, 202-241-4690
- Duncan MacKinnon, 703-822-7656
- NEWSLETTER EDITORS: Margaret Schueman, 703-734-0319
- PAST PRESIDENT: Marshall Cohen, 202-364-8332
- PAST PRESIDENT: Rose Marie Oster, 301-657-4186
Join ASA Today
We invite you to join ASA and become part of Scandinavia in the United States. Member benefits include a monthly newsletter, lectures about Scandinavia, and more.