- Smorgasbord - features hot meat balls and potatoes, pea soup, open-faced sandwiches, & desserts
- Imported Food - cheese, herring, chocolates
- Imported Gifts - Christmas and other items
- Baked Goods - limpa bread, kringles
Enjoy Norwegian food, open sandwiches, marzipan cake, fresh waffles, coffee and tea, solo! Saturday we will also serve warm Norwegian rice pudding with sugar, cinnamon and butter in addition to the other treats. Do your holiday shopping of Christmas food, chocolate, Scandinavian Christmas gifts, Scandinavian sweaters, Rosemalings products, jewelry, ornaments, Scandinavian Christmas decorations and a lot more!
Enjoy an authentic Danish luncheon in our cafe or bring home sandwiches from our carry out counter. Enjoy a day of holiday shopping with aebleskive cooking demonstration and grand raffle.
- Open-faced sandwiches, pastry, apple cake, aebleskiver
- Deli with imported Danish foods
- Decorations, embroidery
- Jewelry and china
Velkomin - Welcome
Come discover "The Land of Fire and Ice"
- Imported Crafts
- Handmade Icelandic Woolens
- Icelandic Holiday Decorations
- Traditional Icelandic Foods
Opening by H.E. Kirsti Kauppi, Ambassador of Finland to the U.S.
- Marimekko ittala glass
- Finnish foods & baked goods
- Crafts & Books
- Silent Auction
- Grand Raffle
Norwegian Holiday Festival & Bazaar
Friday, Dec. 7, 2018
10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Saturday, Dec. 8, 2018
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Christ Lutheran Church
3810 Meredith Dr.
- Live musical entertainment
- Norwegian cafe, serving Rommegrot, Pea Soup, Rice Pudding, Lefse, and more
- Home baked pastries and breads
- Norwegian sweaters, T-shirts, linens, and more
- Rosemaling & jewelry
- Food products - Lutefisk
- CDs & books (in English)
- St. Lucia at 5:00 pm (Swedish Choir)
- Children's room for play and making decorations
- Swedish artwork, crafts, crystal, textiles, books, baked goods,
- Delicacies at the popular Swedish
- Amazing raffle prizes
ASA Christmas Bazaar and St. Lucia Festival
Saturday, Dec. 8, 2018
St. James Episcopal Church
11850 Seven Locks Road
Download the flyer
- St. Lucia at 5:30 PM in the Sanctuary
The MOST beautiful St. Lucia festival in the DC area with mostly Swedish Au Pairs singing
- Bazaar at 6:00 PM in the Parish Hall
- Dancing around the Christmas tree
- Santa Visit with children's gift bags
- Nordic Dancers
Children's St. Lucia at 3:00 PM in the Sanctuary. The Lucia is followed by a holiday party in the undercroft with dancing around the Christmas tree and Santa's visit with gift bags for the Children.
To take part in the Lucia or attend the Holiday, Party, you must register with Carol Whitley at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 202-686-6214.
10th Annual Nordic Christmas Service
Sunday, Dec. 24, 2018
Augusta Lutheran Church
2100 New Hampshire Ave, NW
Metro: Green Line to Cardoza
Parking: V St, Vermont Ave, Florida Ave, and 16th St
Free, covered parking is also available in the Frank D. Reeves Municipal Center on U St NW midway between 14th and 15th Sts
(Bring this flyer for entry to free parking or mention Swedish Church to attendant)
Collect to benefit Martha's Table and Augustana Church (Please make checks to Swedish Church)
COME AND ENJOY!
- The Sunday school children will light the Advent wreath.
- We will hear the familiar texts from Isaiah and St Luke.
- We will sing lots of hymns and carols, sometimes in
Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Icelandic, and Danish!
- Local Nordic community Musicians, both singers and
instrumentalists, enhance the service with their talents.
The Swedish Lutheran Church of Washington DC
The Norwegian Church Service in Washington DC
The Finnish Lutheran Church Washington DC
The Icelandic Church Abroad
The Danish Church Abroad
All invite you to join with us.